To provide increased opportunities for the unemployed with particular emphasis on youth and the disabled.
To relieve poverty, distress, misfortune, destitution and helplessness occasioned by unemployment.
Use our experience and expert processes to recruit your next apprentice.
Get in Touch and ask us to find you your next Apprentice.
The Board of Smart Employment meets quarterly and is kept up to date monthly by the CEO by way of email. The role of the board as a collective is to direct the CEO and set the parameters in which to run the company. Listed below are what the board expects from the CEO to run an effective business.
· To develop a plan for the future for Smart Employment Solutions. The plan should include what is to be achieved and how it is to be achieved.
· Approve the budget
· Set priorities
· Hold the Chief Executive Officer accountable for carrying out the plan
· Act as a sounding board for ideas
· Monitor the implementation of the plan
· Revise the plan as appropriate
· Determine organisational policy
· Ensure adequate financial and statistical records are kept
· Ensure adequate financial resources are available
· Ensure systems are in place so that the service operates by best practice
· Conform to the relevant legal requirements
In general the Board does not deal with operational issues, but rather questions policy. In general, operational issues are dealt with by the Chief Executive Officer.
Peter has been a Principal of WHK Cressey Lynch on the Gold Coast since 1979.
He was raised on the Gold Coast and has had significant experience in the accounting industry having qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1977. His focus for clients is business advisory services, taxation and wealth creation. He is a member of the Southport Golf Club and Southport Yacht Club.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for SES’s overall operations on a daily basis and for finding ways by which the company can become more productive in the long-term. The CEO reports regularly to the Board of Directors, attends all Board Meeting and liaises with the CFO, Employment Officers and the Finance & Administration Team.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is involved in all of SES’s business activities and recognises potential company needs, as well as future business opportunities. The CFO is responsible for the preparation of company financials and manages all financial matters on a day to day basis. The CFO reports to the CEO and Board of Directors, attends all Board Meetings and liases with Employment Officers and the Finance & Administration Team.